I really hope that I won't have to talk about having allergy or irritation skin, but that's a part of me now... I have to learn to accept it and try to use products that will minimize the irritation.
To my surprise, most of the base products are quite skin friendly (the only irritation I got was mostly from sunblock and primer.. I bet was from the alcohol or fragrances contents). As for sunblock... sometimes I can use it without much irritation but on days when skin feel quite fragile... I will have itchy issue around the eye and mouth areas.
Anyway... when I feel that I can start applying.. LB Cosmetics essential mineral foundation was the 2nd products I've tried that doesn't cause any irritiation and it makes my skin look fresh, bright and flawless (kinda - from a normal distance).
LB Cosmetics essential mineral foundation
Price : S$21.90
After trying a few mineral foundations (powder/liquid) .. I find that mineral foundation work quite great with combination skin (especially for sensitive skin.. unless YOU are allergy to mineral.. then you can skip this post ^,~)
50g - a good foundation size that can last up to 4-6 months (daily use) - but judging from the amount I've been using... I find that I will need another tube soon! (Almost finishing the whole tube)
During my JUST recovered allergy skin period... I cannot use any sunblock, so I test test using the LB Cosmetics essential mineral foundation that has SPF 30 .. my skin didn't has any reaction or irritation (I'm so happy!!!) and this foundation have been my staple base product, my only source of sun protection.
I'm using Natural Ocre shade (lightest in this range)
Here's my bare face after skincare (no sunblock/primer)
Sorry about the images being too bright... still getting used to the Canon EOS M to take pics of my face (#selfie ... too used to flip screen cos I was able to adjust myself around the natural lighting) .... I have been practising taking selfies with the camera infront of a mirror... hopefully the next set of images will look like my usual LOTD/Review post with my #moonface in it!
Swatch on my face (skin)
I'm using a flat top brush too apply... but I find that using finger to apply has the best and smooth finishing ... beauty blender did a great job too but the coverage won't be that strong.
The color differences wasn't huge.. but you can see that the foundation brighten up my skin and even out the redness.... look smoother as compare to the side without the foundation.
But when you look super close up... you can see the "powdery" finishing.. but from a normal distance (about half arm-length) skin look smooth and flawless.
Nobody will stand that close to look at your face (I have to remind myself that... only my peapea, buibui and myself will look at my face that CLOSE!!!! Oh oh oh and now... my chubby booboo #babyniece will look at my face that close too when I carry her!)
Foundation all over my #moonface
I didn't use any loose powder... just a light layer of pink blush .. LB Jewel Watery Rouge in Champagne Rose on the lips.... eyeliner, mascara and brow liner
- The foundation feel and look like normal liquid foundation (not like serum foundation that type of watery texture.. but doesn't feel heavy on the skin too)
- Almost has the liquid to velvety finishing type of effect..
- Absorb and set quite fast and the finishing is semi matte (doesn't look dewy but give enough brightness to make me look fresh and alive)
- Blend nicely all over the skin, doesn't look thick or cakey on the skin (doesn't makes my dry skin look dry.. but like any other liquid foundation it will enhance flakey skin/spot)
- Even out redness quite well
- Has a light medium coverage (buildable to a medium coverage)
- the foundation last up to 6 hrs of wearing (if you didn't sweat much.. can last up to 8/9hrs) BUT if you skin is quite oily... it will last about 5 hrs (but I can blot off the oil on my nose with a tissue and skin look quite ok)
- Sometimes, I reapply a tiny amount of the foundation on the nose and it doesn't look weird (blend onto the skin nicely - and also because I didn't have any loose powder on)
- This foundation doesn't cause any irritation or break-out (no pimple)
I really enjoy using this foundation because this give me the brightness I want and it look so nice on my skin. And once the liquid foundation set... the transfer of pigment is minimum (I use a piece of tissue and blot it all over my face and I don't see much pigment being transfer onto the tissue)
LB Cosmetics is exclusively available at Watsons Singapore
Prices range from S$16.90 to S$29.90
Prices range from S$16.90 to S$29.90
LB Cosmetics is available exclusively at Selected Watsons
1. Raffles City
2. Ngee Ann City
3. Toa Payoh Central (HDB Hub)
4. Novena Sq
5. Sembawang Shopping Centre
6. Tampines Mall
7. City Square Mall
8, Star Vista
9. Causeway Point
LB Cosmetics related Posts ::
LB Cosmetics Singapore Facebook Page ::