In March 2012, Murad introducing 2 new additions to the Award Winning Hybrids Family - "Murad Hybrids "Skin Perfecting Primer Acne and Shin Control" and "Soothing Skin, Lip and Cuticle care".
Murad Hybrids Skin Perfecting Primer Acne and Shin Control
Banish Breakouts, stop shine and Correct imperfections.
Don't just use an acne treatment product to address blemishes and breakout, select an effective acne product that can also evens skin tone while actively fighting future and current breakouts on the face.
By minimizing pores and using Probiotic Complex and Salicylic Acid to combat surface bacteria, this product improves skin's look immediately and makes skin healthier in the future.
High Performance Technologies
- Probiotic Complex -helps promote resistance to harmful bacteria
- Salicylic Acid - reduces blemishes and prevents future breakouts while dissolving dull, dry skin.
- Pore Factor-5 - minimizes the appearance of pores while balancing oil production.
- Adaptive shade technology - creates a perfect skin tone match, wearable for virtually any skin shade and color.
- Comprises of ::
- Polymnia Sonchifolia Root Juice
- Maltodextrin, Lactobacillus
- Promotes resistance to harmful bacteria that causes breakouts
- Optimizes skin's exology boosting healthy skin
- Improves skin grain by tightening dilated pores
- Blends with skin's natural pigments to add luminosity to the skin while smoothing out fines and wrinkles.
- Normalizes oil production and helps control bacterial proliferation
- Soothes and reduces inflammation
- Protects against the damaging effects of UV-induced free radicals to preserve and improve skin elasticity, firmness and tone.
A micro-dynamic mineral layering technology that uses light enhancing minerals to blend with the skin's natural tones. What is truly unique about Murad's adaptive shade technology is that, unlike most other cosmetic products, it's formulated with lower amounts of coloring agents and higher amounts of refracting agents so it works with enhances the skin's natural tones.
Natural minerals includes : Mixa, Iron Oxide and Titanium Dioxide.
The shade look dark(warm) on my skin, doesn't provide much "coverage" cos it's a primer BUT, it does even out my uneven complexion.
The shade look much more clearer and darker when I see it with my bare eyes (not thru camera len)
So I tried taking pic from another angle and finally can see abit of shade different.
Have been trying this primer on and off for the pass 2 months
I dont have much blemishes, but I do have inflammation on my nose recently(I HATE it!!!!!!!!!) and this primer feel so soothing on the skin during application.(<3)
- The primer dries down to a soft matte finishing, doesn't make skin feel dry nor tight. Doesn't feel thick nor sticky too!
- When I apply this on the face... it doesn't make my face look dark or warm (all thanks to the Adaptive shade techonology) from a normal distance. BUT, when super close up... can see that it's still abit dark on my face, but nobody will stand that close to "anyone" (right?!? lolx).
- When I layer on foundation, it doesn't change the formula nor the foundation shade.
- My skin was pretty dry, and this doesn't make my skin feel even drier.
- As for the oily control : My nose sometimes will shine and this does help in control the shine.
(Note:: My skin shade was pretty fair - always pick the lightest shade for most of the brands foundation and some of them still look quite warm on me)
Edit:: 28th July 2012
After posting up the review.. think about a week or two later, my skin have improved alot and NOW.... I'm back to my original skin condition (mild combination skin! Yeah~) Which is why I always reach for this primer to apply on my T-zone.
Using this primer on my nose and chin almost everyday after the review on June (before that I rotate it with other primers). And I noticed a huge improvement on the skin on my nose - white heads kinda reduced (I still use B.liv on my nose at night to soften any "white/black heads formed) and my nose feel smooth and soft. Doesn't have the need to use pores strips.
Any treatments needs time... this primer show good results after using it for 3 months.
How to use::
Apply a thin layer to the face before or in place of foundation to control acne breakouts, reduce oil and minimize the appearance of pores. Use in combination with an ongoing acne treatment regimen such as Murad Acne Complex.
Retail Price: SD$79.00
Murad Hybrids Soothing Skin, Lip and Cuticle care
Remedy for Dry and chapped Lips!
Soothing Skin, lip and cuticle care rejuvenates and conditions dry, crackedm chapped skin, cuticles and lips on contact. Dry and damaged cells are exfoliated to create a moisture barrier so that moisture stays in and lips begin to heal.
Skin softness is restored with immediate relief from minor skin irrtation, gentle exfoliation smoothes and improves moisture penetration. Dehydrated cuticles and nail beds get a much needed moisture boost.
High Performace Ingredients
- Vitamin E - conditions and helps relieve chapped, cracked skin or lips.
- Beta Hydroxy Acids (BHAs) - gently exfoliate to smooth and revitalize.
- Lanolin - protects skin and lips from the damaging effects of environmental exposure.
- Convenient cuticle pusher that keeps nail bed neat and healthy looking.
- Handy size makes it a great travel companion.
It does help in soothing out the dry cuticle (I squeeze out some on the back of my hand and then apply on my cuticle).. making fingers look moist and youth.(lolx) Does feel oily on the fingers but that was quite normal .. but not oily and watery like cuticle oil.
As lip's treatment, it does soften the dry lips and heal cracked lips quite nicely.
The texture feel like any lip treatment - abit greasy, not sticky and doesn't have the thick waxy texture.
Retail Price : SD$42
Murad Hybrids are available at ::
BHG, Metro Pargon, Robinson Centrepoint, Tara apothecary and Sephora
Check out Murad Singapore facebook Page for more information ::
Products were provided, I'm not affiliated with Murad nor PACODIS.
Review was base on my experiences.
Information was extracted from the press file